As an actor, your resume is just as important as you landing a role in a film. In your resume, there should be acting terms to present yourself as a professional. While listing your credits in the category section, the casting directors or agents are going to keep an eye peeled out for any of the acting terms to understand you better.
In the acting world, there are different terms that you have to associate yourself with. They can be overwhelming, but in this post we will simplify most of them for you to understand.
- Lead Actor: This is the main protagonist in the cast. It is the most significant role in a movie.
- Stunt Person: This professional’s main role is to perform stunts in front of the camera.
- Stand-in: This is the person that stands in front of the camera in the place of the principal actor with the aim of setting up the camera. They enable the director to make camera adjustments that will suit the shooting of the principal actor.
- Understudy: Especially in theatres, this is a performer hired to fill in for the principal actor if they are unable to perform.
- Guest Star: This is an actor that appears in a single episode and whose storyline is based on that episode’s concept.
- Director of Photography (D.O.P): This is the person in charge of supervising the lenses, lights, cameras, film processing, filter, and the camera crew.
- Production Assistant: Just as the term suggests, this is the individual that assists with the onset and office production of a film.
- Stage Manager: This person is in charge of supervising the theatrical stage and ensures that the crew, production management, and actors are in order.
- Day Player: A principal actor hired on a daily basis instead of based on a long-term contract.
- Director: This is the person that oversees the casting and shooting of the movie. They determine the artistic and technical parts of the film.
- Casting Director: The person responsible for selecting the cast for a film’s production.
There you have it! Above are some principal acting roles and what they mean. Even though the lead actor is the most significant role, nonetheless, all the other roles are important to ensure the success of any movie. Irrespective of the role you are assigned to, always ensure that you do an awesome job.